One of the most helpful things you can do when starting your journey into cannabis is to speak the same language as the folks helping you at the dispensary. That’s why we’ve compiled a simple list of terms that will help you get on the same page.
- This is the common name for an employee working at a dispensary.
- Also known by names such as green weed, bud, and sometimes smoke. This is the smokeable part of the plant that will be on offer.
- This is a common unit of measurement for flower denoting 3.5 grams.
- Another unit of measurement that means you want 7 grams of flower.
- This is one more measurement unit that denotes 14 grams of flower, or half of an ounce.
- Cart or cartridge is the part of a vape pen that holds the concentrated cannabis oil.
- This refers to the part of a vape that your cart will insert into and that houses the actual heating component.
- Also known as pre-rolls or simply as a “J”, these are already rolled flower ready to smoke.
- Very similar to a joint, blunts tend to be larger and are often sold wrapped in hemp paper. (Traditionally, a blunt is rolled in tobacco-leaf like a cigar.)
- Sometimes also called oil, these are potent cannabis concentrates that can be smoked alone or with flower.
- This is a fine powder that comes from sifting flower and can be a potent addition to a joint or as a bowl topper in a pipe or bong.
- Similar in appearance to kief, hash is made by compressing and processing the trichomes of the cannabis plant. It can be used similarly to kief.
There are obviously many, many more terms related to cannabis, but we hope this will get you started!
What other terms do you find the most helpful? Let us know in the comments!