Here at Green Witch, we like to honor the place cannabis holds in the tradition of magical arts throughout history. Weed can help us understand the essence of what is known as “magic”. One of our favorite forms of this is something we like to call “bong magic.”
When you step back and look at their base components, bongs are a marriage of the elements: earth, fire, air, water, and spirit. Without these things, it’s nothing more than an empty glass vessel. It only works if all the elements are present, and we have some tips on how to elevate it to another level.
- First off, remember that magic is about ritual as much as anything else, and every piece of the bong smoking process has a part to play. Even your grinder is part of the ritual, turning clockwise to manifest your wishes, or counterclockwise to expel the negative, as you prepare your flower.
- Consider adding safe-to-smoke herbs as a bowl topper. Rose petals and mugwort are popular options, and some herb supply shops carry pre-ground blends for your enjoyment. Be sure to do your research to ensure what herb you select is safe to smoke.
- The water in your bong doesn’t have to be a plain, either. Moon water, which is water left out under certain moon phases to infuse its essence, is a great option. Water left under full moons is particularly good for manifestation and bringing plans to fruition.
- If you want to have some fun with color, think about having lighters in a few shades available or lighting your hemp wick off of a specially chosen candle. Assign meaning to the colors you choose or read up on common color associations. If you want to get extra fancy, paint or carve symbols, such as runes, into these items to reinforce their intent.
- When it comes time to actually smoke a bowl, inhale while you concentrate on the thing you want to happen, and exhale that intent into the world. Conversely, if you want to banish something, breath in what you want to replace it with and exhale the negative, letting it diffuse away from you.
Whether you’re already a practitioner of magic, or just someone looking to try something new, we hope these tips help you to further unlock the magic of cannabis!
Got other tips you want to share? Tell us in the comments below!